Now we have sacrifices to storms. Lily and Xander might want to reconsider their travel plans.
I just finished listening to Still Mad by Ava Strong, the fifth book in the Lily Dawn series, and this series continues to be exactly what I want for my commute. This time, Lily Dawn and Xander Jackson are hunting someone who apparently thinks storms need human sacrifices.
Because apparently murder in paradise wasn’t already dramatic enough.
People are being killed as storms approach, and Lily and Xander have to figure out who is behind the deaths before the weather (and the body count) gets worse. The premise was creepy, strange, and just different enough to keep things interesting.
I’m still really enjoying Lily and Xander as a team. Their relationship has been developing gradually throughout the series, and I like that progression. It gives me something to stay invested in beyond whichever whacko happens to be terrorizing the islands this week.
Tim Alexander continues to do a very good job with the narration. His style is easy to follow, he doesn’t go overboard trying to give every character a wildly different voice, and he lets the story do the work. At this point, his narration has become part of what makes this series such a good commute listen for me.
Still Mad was another solid entry in the series. It didn’t keep me up all night, and the audiobook did manage to remain in the car, but I was always happy to hit play again when I got behind the wheel.
Because apparently paradise has a surprisingly high whacko-per-capita rate.
