Friday, December 08, 2006

I Failed.

Well, I failed my first test. Ever. And in Accounting, no less!

Interestingly enough, the sky didn't fall, nobody died (or even bled a little bit), I continued breathing (after a brief moment of gasping desperately for air after receiving my grade), and life continued.

I emailed my professor, "I certainly didn't have the grasp on this material that I thought I did." He was kind enough to have an evening telephone chat with me to explain where I went wrong. I don't take comfort in the fact that my 64 was still one of the best grades in the class. Apparently everyone has a problem with receivables. Including me.

I'm okay, though. Interesting feeling. Not one I'd like to get accustomed to, but hey. I'm human, and that's fine. I'll work harder at it, and I'll remember to ask questions if I'm not sure about something. After all, what are the professors there for but to teach?