Thursday, February 28, 2008

Miserable People

How do you handle miserable people? That one person who is in your life, not by your choice but by circumstance, that is always complaining, dissatisfied, rude, sarcastic, and never has anything good to say?

Using the 'killing them with kindness' theory doesn't seem to work. Slapping the person would be grounds for assault charges and immediate termination of employment, no matter how much it is deserved. Ignoring the person completely is impossible, because that person is where I need to be. And I can rarely think of the perfect comeback at the moment I need it. I usually end up shaking my head and silently walking away, thinking about how absolutely pathetic people are who just can't be content.

Maybe that's the best answer...

Michael said...
Two words.

Cosa Nostra.

Serena said...

I like your answer better! :D