Thursday, June 05, 2008

Tech Support

So, here it is, 6:30 a.m., and my Dad, technology lover, calls me.

I'm having a problem with this stupid computer.

Oh, dear. What's up?

I turn it on and I get this message that says the monitor is going to sleep, and then it shuts itself off.

Hmmm. Is everything plugged in?

Yes! [Insulted!] I haven't touched anything!

No, no, I mean, is everything tight? Did you check the cables and the plugs and make sure everything is plugged in snugly?

Hmpf. Wait a minute. [Sounds of shuffling] Okay, yes, everything is snug.

Okay. Let's try turning on the computer again.

There it goes again. [Extreme Frustration.] It says it's going to sleep, and then it shuts itself off.

Um, did you turn on the computer?

Yes!

Wait a minute. Dad, when you say you are turning on the computer, are you turning on the monitor or the tower?

The monitor! When you turn off the monitor, the computer turns off. [Like, Duh!]

Um, I don't think it works that way. Do you have any lights on your tower?

Lights on the tower? No.

Did you try turning on the power button on the tower?

Power button on the tower? Oh! ... ... Son of a gun, look at that. ... ... There it is. It's coming up.

Poor guy. I wish all my tech questions were this easy!

JT said...
Yeah... Usually it's more like... the big red botton labeled "ABORT!" and then you are trying to dig out... :)