Thursday, December 03, 2009

6:15 a.m.

He wakes up talking. I mean, LITERALLY. He opens his eyes at 6:15 a.m. and starts talking. I don't know how he does it. I have to get coffee in me before I wake him up. Why isn't here a parent manual that warns you about this stuff? I can't think like this so early!

Ian! It's time to get up!

Mommy, if we lived in Russia, would we be able to buy a house there?


Huh?

Can we buy a house in Russia?

Now?

No. I just wanna know.

Um, I don't know. I think it works different in Russia. Why?


I want to go to England. Where do you want to go?

Paris. What does that have to do with Russia?

It doesn't. Can we go to London?

Not today. Did you brush your teeth?

Nope. I can't find my toothbrush. I mean on vacation. Is Paris in England too?

No, it's in France. And why is your toothbrush on vacation?

No, not my toothbrush. We could go on vacation. We could go to France and London and Paris. How old would I have to be?

I'm not sure. You're not going to get any older if you don't brush your teeth.

Okaaaay. I'm just sayin', though. I really really want to go to England. Can I have a new toothbrush?

I'll keep it in mind, and yes. And then get dressed.

Maybe we could go to England next year. And then Russia next year. Do I have to wear sleeves?

To Russia?

No! To school!

Yes!

6:30 a.m. I need a nap.