Saturday, November 20, 2010

Email to my Friends

Hello all!

Just a quick note to let all of you know I have a 'surgical procedure' scheduled for my shoulder on November 29th. The doctor is going to perform a "manipulation" under anesthesia to force my shoulder to move again. (Click here for a bit more info.) Sounds like fun! I am SO glad I will be unconscious. The hope is that I regain my range of motion, can work on regaining my strength, and ultimately avoid rotator cuff surgery and the shaving down of my shoulder bones. (Just thinking about it makes me nauseous.)

I will be out of work on November 29th and 30th at the very least. A friend of mine is taking me to the surgery center and bringing me home, and I may be keeping Ian out of school on the 30th to keep an eye on me if necessary. I've never had a problem with anesthesia before, but in case of emergency, Ian's phone is programmed with all his grandparents' telephone numbers as well as my neighbor's phone number so they can give him guidance if necessary.

I am positive we will be just fine. My doctor has performed hundreds of these procedures with great success, and I am absolutely sure it will work for me, too.

I thank all of you for you kind thoughts and well wishes. :) Have a great day!

Love and laughter,
Serena / Kelly