Thursday, May 05, 2011

Baseball Update

I would like to take the opportunity to let everyone know how I'll be coaching this summer. First of all, I want the kids to have fun. There will be no arguing with umpire calls by players or myself. I will run a pretty tight ship on the bench so don't expect your child to be visiting you in the stands. I WILL NOT jeopardize anyone's health to try and win a Little League game and this is done by keeping pitchers' pitch counts low. So, if you ever wonder why I remove a pitcher who is doing well, you've been forewarned. We will win as a team and lose as a team. I will shuffle players in and out of positions because let's face it, there aren't a lot of plays in the outfield at this level. If we are winning a game comfortably, I will put a halt to stealing bases. I have a knowledgeable staff helping me so don't ever be afraid to ask questions. My hope is the kids have fun and make noticeable improvements this year. Hey, let's fill up the T.A.L.L. All Star teams with AAA A's! See everyone at 9:00am Saturday.