Saturday, October 20, 2007

The Right Place - At the Right Time!

Every once in a while, the planets align and I am actually where I need to be to get a deal.

Last week, one of my co-workers was selling fundraiser discount cards to Macy's. For $5, I bought a card that would get me 20% off of selected merchandise on Saturday Only. On Saturday, I went to Macy's and - lo and behold - they have a petite section! Clothes I can buy and not have to alter! I bought a pair of pants and top suitable for the office, and then wandered around the rest of the store.

While I was wandering, I noticed they also have a suit department, which also contains petite sizes. Some of the racks had "suit sale - $99.99" signs, so I decided if I was going to be in the mall again soon, I'd stop back and check it out.

I took my trigonometry mid-term today, and after three solid hours of testing, the last thing I wanted to do was wait to eat while I cooked something. Ian suggested Johnny Rockets, which is in the mall, and since they are usually fast, off we went.

After dinner, we stopped into Macy's. I went to the suit department, and there was a gorgeous suit there, in my size (!), with a sign on top that said, "Morning Sale - $79.99". I asked a salesclerk if I missed the sale, and she said yes, it was only until noon, but since they obviously missed a sign, they would give me the suit for the sale price on the sign - $79.99. The suit was originally $320.

Whoo hoo!


JT said...
wow...i need a suit too! ;)

Serena said...
It was a beautiful thing. Planets do not usually align so well for me. LOL!