Sunday, October 21, 2007

Technology Failure

For some unknown reason, I lost my internet connection at my house. So, being the good little on-line student that I am (Have a Plan B!), I called a sitter, grabbed my laptop, and headed to Barnes & Noble.

It really is not easy taking a mid-term exam in an area full of moving, chatting people complete with the sounds of the microwave and cappuccino machines in the background. The library is closed on Sunday, so that is out. Does anyone have any suggestion for a quieter place to go with on-line availability in case my connection isn't re-established any time soon?

President (Obiwan) said...
Load Samuel Barber's "Adagio for Strings" into your laptop, then slip on a pair of headphones.

The music will mask the surroundings without creating a new disruption.

"Beethoven for Relaxation" works well, too. Also try Schubert or Chopin.

Serena said...
What a great idea! Thank you so much! I kid you not, taking the exam like that was tough.