Tuesday, January 20, 2009

An Era of Responsibility

I listened to our new President's inaugural address on NPR. President Obama spoke of the challenges we face as a nation, and how we must begin to act responsibly in our duties to ourselves, our nation and our world. His speech was thought-provoking, and left me feeling hopeful that we will be ushering in an era of change. He left me thinking that things that concern me, like the economy and health care, will be addressed, swiftly and surely.

I think he is going to be great. I do realize that he will, on occasion, let us down. He is human, and the challenges he faces are tremendous. But I think he is just what this country needs, someone who will make intelligent, responsible decisions in an effort to fix the problems we face.

After eight years of irresponsible government that put us along with our prodigy trillions of dollars in debt,

I am finally looking forward to what the future holds.