Saturday, January 03, 2009

I don't do Blood.

So here I am, quietly loading the dishwasher, listening to WYRK and contemplating the mysteries of the universe, (like, why does sour cream have an expiration date?) when I hear a blood-curdling scream followed by hysterical crying. I go running into the living room, and Ian is coming down the stairs with blood dripping from his eye.

Oh joy, oh rapture, oh melody divine.

I played the "Don't Faint" record in my brain over and over again and successfully did not hyperventilate or lose consciousness. Very proud of myself for that one. I don't do blood.

As I am dialing the pediatrician with one hand and pressing Kleenex to his eye with the other, I asked him to tell me what happened.

I was putting toys in my toy box, he says, and a Nintendo game case fell on my eye and pinched me.

Fell on your eye?

(Hiccup, sniffle, sniffle) Yeesssssss.

Just fell from the sky and pinched your eye?

(Sniffle, sniffle, hiccup) Yeesssssss.

So I told the pediatrician, I have no idea how it really happened, but he reports a Nintendo game case fell from the sky and pinched him in the eye. After the nurse stopped coughing (which sounded suspiciously like she was trying not to laugh, and I'm sure someday I will laugh, too), she suggested I bring him in. Immediately.

He has a deep cut on his upper eyelid, which may very probably leave a scar. I told the doctor, it isn't the first; it won't be the last. She asked if he was on any medication, and I said no, but I may be shortly. :D

She super-glued the cut with Dermabond, and he's good to go. He's hoping this gets him out of having to take a shower.



I just don't understand boys.
Michael said...
"Oh joy, oh rapture, oh melody divine." LOL!!! That's great!!! He'll be fine!
Serena said...
You would not Believe how much head wounds bleed!!!! He's fine already. He is bragging to his buddies about having his eye superglued. All the little boys are suitably impressed.
Michael said...
Yeah, I know how much they bleed. I was also a boy. :D
Just tell him scars impress the girls. :D
Serena said...
Impress the girls?!? Girls have COOTIES!
Michael said...
Not for long. BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!
Serena said...
George Carlin had it right - There is NO GOD! :D