Tuesday, February 10, 2009

No Kidnap Here.

Ian came home from the after school program today and reported that a little girl had been stolen from a house on our street. He didn't know who, though, hadn't been questioned and didn't seem concerned at all, so I passed it off as a kids' tall tale. A friend of mine just called me and wanted to know if Ian was okay, because she, too, had heard a child had been kidnapped who lived on my street.

I called the Town police department. I am told they have no knowledge of a kidnapping in my neighborhood, nor do they have any idea how this rumor got started. I will stay up 'late' and watch the 10:00 news just in case. And I think that, until my heart stops pounding, today will be the last day for a while that I let Ian go get the mail unattended. "Scared Mom" trumps "big boy" any day of the week.