Thursday, February 26, 2009

Oh, the Pain!

I have a broken tooth! Tooth number 31, which would be my lower right molar, is cracked vertically.

I had a root canal in it last year, so the tooth was already shot. It really aggravates me, though, that I spent $1200 on a root canal with a crown just to have the tooth pulled anyway. UGH!

Michael said...
Same story for #4 and #13. There is no question that this was some sort of genetic weakness... Both teeth needed root canals and crowns (#4 in 1998, #13 in 2002), and then both developed failures at the root which made it necessary to extract them (#4 in 2001, #13 in 2008). The bridge I have over #4 cost $5,000, and I have a space where #13 was because I do not have the money to pay for it.

Serena said...
As we were discussing tonight, the only teeth mom had and dad has left are the bottom front eight. Those are the only healthy teeth in my mouth, and you mentioned they are the only healthy teeth in yours. It must be heredity. That's the only explanation that makes any sense!