Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Parade

Thousands of men and women have died and continue to die for our Freedom, and although it is woefully inadequate, to them I say, Thank You. It has never made sense to me to say "Happy" Memorial Day. I am glad I have the freedom I have, but at the same time am horrified by the vast number of lives it has cost.

Today was the Memorial Day Parade, and not only did I remember my camera, I remembered to use it! (Ian was in the parade. That's probably why.) I got some wonderful pictures of a few young ones absolutely glued to the goings-on. This little one seemed to really enjoy the bands:



and this little one waved to the Fire Trucks:

and I don't think this little guy stopped clapping and jumping for the entire 2 hour parade!

Little kids are great. They soak up everything like little sponges. I remember when Ian was this age... {heavy sigh} Where does the time go? This year he hits 'double digits'!

I believe this band was from the Charter School of Applied Technologies. Cool-looking uniforms, but I bet they were unbearably hot:


The Pipes:

Kenilworth Fire truck:

McGruff, the Crime Dog. (I bet he was in shorts in the car.) :D


Irish dancers:

The Town:


I missed the name of this group, but I bet they were a tad bit warm, too!


Check out the baby buggy!

I have no idea what these bikes are called.
I got video of them showing how to get on them, which will follow in another post:


More Pipes:


The Ladies Auxillary:


A fire truck circa the time my Dad was born:

The Lions Club: