Sunday, July 31, 2011

Vacation

We boarded our first plane, from Buffalo to Las Vegas, at 3:00 p.m. EST on the 30th. It was a long trip. We landed in Vegas at roughly 5;00 p.m. PST after some rough skies over the Rockies. (Breath in, two, three, four, out, two, three, four...) :D

We then boarded in Vegas at 7:00 p.m. PST and landed in Seattle at 10:00 p.m. PST, 9 hours and 55 minutes of travel time total. Exhausting.

I reminisced with Ian about the first time we took this trip. He was three years old and had absolutely no concept of the time involved in getting from one side of the country to the other. When we arrived home, he would ask me, "When can we go back to visit Unko Myko again?" as though it was just like a trip across town. He laughed, and said he didn't remember the trip taking THIS LONG. About an hour out, he looked at me with weary eyes and finally asked that question all children ask....

Mom, Are we almost THERE yet?!?

This was the view out the airplane window at 12:20 a.m. EST, or 9:20 PST. It looked a whole lot prettier than this when I first started digging for my camera. I have to remind myself to keep it handy while we're traveling.