Thursday, July 28, 2011

Installing the Dreaded Braces

Ian got his braces on today. He was very nervous and hoping it wouldn't hurt. The installation of the spacers a couple weeks ago, on the same day he had his impressions taken, ensured the transition from spacers to bands would be as painless as possible. Technology has come SO far since I had braces...let's see....100 years ago.

The entire time Dr. Tyska worked on him, he had his fingers crossed. I wonder if that helped. :)


Here he is, in the chair, with a grown man's hands in his mouth. So when he says, "I do NOT have a big mouth!" I can say, "Oh, yes you do. I have photographic PROOF!"
They used this apparatus to keep his teeth dry for the glue. I think this should be his new Facebook profile pic:
[drum roll, please] TA DA!!!


Two years and counting.