Friday, September 06, 2019

Surprise!

School has started again and I am not teaching what I thought I was teaching ... I will still be teaching HTML and CSS using the code.org curriculum, and I will still be teaching Introduction to Computer Science in JavaScript using the codehs.com curriculum. I will be writing the Introduction to Business course and teaching that. AP CSP however? The school decided over the summer not to offer it, so the 30 hours I spent at Buff State in a professional development course and the 60 hours I spent online in a second professional development course were a waste of time.  Heavy sigh. 

Well, at least I was prepared. If I am going to teach it next year, I will have to take the PDs again, because the College Board is changing the exam and/or the requirements for 2020-21. In the meantime, I am LOVING teaching Business!