Saturday, September 02, 2006

Bussing Frustration

Why is it that I live five minutes from my son's school, and it takes 1 hour and 35 minutes for the school bus to get him home, when he is the "second stop"?

Taxpayer dollars at work.

The school district provides one bus for the school my son attends, which has an elementary school, a middle school, and a high school. He is dismissed at 3:10. The bus then pulls around to the high school and loads the high school students at 3:40. Then the bus goes to the middle school and loads the middle school students at 4:10. By the time every bus is loaded and they are on their way, it is 4:45 when my son is deposited at his stop.

Why is it that I seem to be the only one who sees something wrong with this picture? Why isn't the bus taking the little ones home and then going back to the middle school to get those students, and why aren't the high school students bussed separately?

I have no idea who to call. I called the school district transportation department and got nowhere. They don't have enough busses, is what I'm told. Yet last year he was home by 3:35.

Ridiculous.