Saturday, December 29, 2007

I have great friends.

A long, long time ago, my friend Rick had graduated from college and was job-hunting. I accompanied him to a job fair in Syracuse, and fell asleep in the car (as usual). (As a side bonus, because he knows me so well, nothing I say will surprise him.) I woke up, and immediately asked him, "How fast can cars go in reverse?" I really wanted to know, but he appeared to begin choking, so I decided not to press the issue.

After reading Ian's stream of consciousness blog entry(http://serenaserenity.blogspot.com/2007/02/stream-of-consciousness.html), you quickly realize the apple did not fall far from the tree.

A package arrived in the mail today with a note from Rick. It said, "I happened to be walking through a bookstore one day, saw this book, and immediately thought of you and Ian. Happy Holidays!"


It's perfect! This Bill McLain guy has all the answers!
And I have such wonderful friends. Even from a great distance (he's in Texas), Rick can make me laugh hysterically.
Thank you, Rick!