Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Semester is Finally Over!

I can return to the land of the living - at least until January 22nd. I earned a 101 on my Trig final (must have gotten bonus points) and a 96 on my Business Systems final. I'm not sure about Literature or Law yet, but I feel pretty good about those.

Next semester I am taking Business Law II (more informational than fun), Statistics (sounds like fun), Survey Calculus I (definitely sounds like fun), and Microeconomics (YAWN).

My Business Systems professor, Dr. George Kelley, was the most fun this semester. He responds to emails within 24 hours (which is imperative if you are having a problem!) and runs the course very efficiently and with humor. He expects you to work, but gives you help if you need it.

My Business Law professor, Remy Orffeo, is also great - he really has a handle on efficiently running the on-line courses. This will be the third course I've taken from him, so it is quite a relief to know exactly what to expect in the upcoming semester.

My Math professors also have a great handle on the on-line courses, answering emails within 24 hours (even on weekends), and they are very skilled at the html editing required to accurately display solutions. The more I think about it, the more I want to be a Math teacher when I grow up. (So what if I'm already 43.)

I noticed the English professors aren't so on-line savvy. Hopefully that improves as adjustments to the technology are made.

I am looking forward to the month off! So is Ian, actually. He is sick and tired of Mommy having Homework!