Saturday, March 08, 2008

Space Food

We were sitting in the Olympic Restaurant having breakfast. I had my usual corn beef hash and eggs, and Ian had pancakes and sausage. (Yes! Breakfast sausage! He has decided now that this is the only meat he likes, so I'm going to make sure he gets it. Makes a change in the protein choices from peanut butter and cheese.)

Mommy! I have a great idea for what we can do when we are home on the weekends!

You do?

Yeah! We can make space food like the astronauts have!

Why?

Well, it's cool! You have to eat it like Go-Gurts.

But how would we eat sausage?

Like this!

(He picks up a sausage link gently with both hands and demonstrates a peeling motion like he is holding a banana.)

It would be really hard to eat, though.

Why?

Well, there's no gravity in space!

Yeah, but why would that make your sausage hard to eat?

He delivers the next statement like, 'Duh, Mom':

There's no gravity in your mouth, either!

JT said...
and I guess this would also mean no gravity in his little head too...LOL

Serena said...

I think you're right! :D

I have to be so careful when I laugh... I don't ever want him to think I'm laughing AT him, but sometimes he's just so funny!