Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Happy New Year!

It's 2010. Wow. If you had asked me 25 years ago what I thought I'd be doing in 2010, I'd have told you I wasn't planning on living this long.

I've come a long way.

I decided not to make any 'resolutions' this year. I never seem to keep them. However, an acquaintance of mine passed away last week, and it made me think. He was 47. Heart attack. The end. I'm 45.

I need to make behavioral changes to bring about health changes.

Ian and I discussed our diets, and we agreed we need to eat healthier. I rejoined Weight Watchers in that on-going struggle to keep my weight under control. And I am going to make little changes, bit by bit, baby step by baby step, to get healthy again.

This week, Ian and I are going to plan our meals for next week. And then we're going to try to stick to the plan.

Baby steps. :)