Friday, June 18, 2010

Dexterity and Poise...

I fell the other night. Must be because I'm so graceful and coordinated. (NOT!) I took a swan dive down a friend's porch steps and landed on concrete. (No, I was not drinking.) I completely missed the first step. I'm not even sure how! What's worse is, when I was laying on the ground, curled into the fetal position at the bottom of her steps, I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get up.

Turns out the heel of my right shoe got caught in the hem of my left pant leg.

I've got a bruise on my (ahem) ... posterior region ... that is about 4" in diameter, and I took the skin off my right knee and shin. That's not the best part of it, though.

The best part is I can no longer move my right arm over my head. Or straight out to the side. Or behind my back.

Good thing I can use both my hands just about equally. Something tells me this little accident is going to be expensive.