Monday, November 12, 2012

EMG/NCV

So I had my EMG/NCV today. It was an ... interesting ... experience. There is good news and bad news.  The good news is there appears to be no nerve issues in my elbow. He suspects the problem I'm having just involves the tendons. The bad news is I have mild carpal tunnel. No surprise there. I type 112 words per minute on a good day, only about 90 on a bad day. I'm careful about being ergonomically correct, though, and Dr. Cowan said that's huge. The test did hurt, and I jumped with every shock, but I have to say that Dr. Cowan was very kind, and he did forewarn me each and every time he was going to do anything. He explained everything, answered all my questions, and tried not to hurt me any more than necessary.  If you need an EMG/NCV, and you're near Buffalo, Dr. Tom Cowan at Excelsior is your guy.