Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

I really wanted to go to the Science Museum. I know that isn't entirely normal; I've been told by other women that most women opt for dinner in a fancy restaurant or some such nonsense. However, in the words of Popeye, I yam what I yam. :D

So, Stuart, Ian and I all went to the Buffalo Museum of Science for my birthday. I had a blast. The current exhibit is 'The Science of Sports'. There wasn't enough on baseball, in Stuart's and my opinion, but that was our only critique. Ian got to try out his slap shot. There was an area for lacrosse, and he was able to see how fast he could fling a whiffle ball. He also posed as a black umpire (or whatever they call them in football).


There was another section in the Museum about our marvelous Earth. Ian stood in a booth in a simulated tornado. Look at his face!


I particularly enjoyed the Marchands exhibit. The Marchands created life-like models of plants in three seasons. They were gorgeous, and like all flowers, made me smile. Stuart enjoyed the Mysteries of Extinction. The size of some of the dinosaurs... I cannot imagine living during the time they roamed the Earth. The skeleton of the Albertosaurus looks extremely intimidating; with flesh and muscle, I would be sleepless.  Hmm. Nevermind sleepless. I'd be dinner.

We easily spent over three hours there, and were not bored in the least. I love my new hand boiler, too. It was a great way to spend the 48th anniversary of my appearance on the planet. I'm still smiling. :)