Sunday, January 18, 2015

Seattle is going to the Superbowl!

Earlier this year, I watched an entire Bills game with a friend of mine. He was great. He even let me ask questions during the game! Anyway, I came away with a reasonable amount of basics and an understanding that there is a whole lot more to this game than I previously thought.

Now, from listening to the radio every morning, especially on a Monday morning following a Bills game, I've come to the understanding that they really aren't that good. So I caught the occasional game during the season to keep my hand in, so to speak, and never had any Superbowl hopes that Bills fans seem to have at the beginning of every season.

Besides, my brother lives in Seattle. If I'm going to root for a team, why not a good one in his hometown?

I have to say I surprised myself. I was so disappointed in the Seahawks for most of the game...interceptions, sacks, penalties...it appeared hopeless. I still, though, could not bring myself to root for the team whose fans wear Swiss cheese hats. I have my standards.

I don't know how, but they pulled it off. Seattle won in overtime and will be in Superbowl 49. Guess who I'm rooting for on Superbowl Sunday?