Monday, April 06, 2009

Education Without Boundaries

I just finished my first course at Western Governors University called Education Without Boundaries, and let me say I was nothing less than impressed.

WGU offers a TON of resources for the on-line student. Unlike ECC, I have a mentor. She is a real, live person who will be with me every step of the way as I complete my BS in Finance, and she is my first "who ya' gonna call" if I run into a jam.

The library is on-line, but if I need to, I can have books (with the exception of textbooks) shipped to my home to use. I will have access to full-text articles and just about everything I need for research. I am a member of the Accounting and Finance on-line community, which includes facilitators and other students, just like me, to go to for assistance or support, or to give assistance or support. There are chat rooms that can be used for on-line study groups. And on almost every page, there is a link to a live chat with an on-line mentor for immediate assistance.

This 'place' is amazing! I think I have been given every possible tool I can think of to succeed. Wish me luck!