Friday, April 03, 2009

I'm just not ready yet.

So here are Ian and I, quietly sitting at a table at Toni Pepperoni's, eating pizza and quietly discussing getting a computer repaired (yes, my 8-year-old and I discuss such things), when in walked two little girls from his school. . . .

. . . and they Screamed that awful girl-scream and jumped up and down waving their arms and yelling . . . .

"Ian's here! Oh My God! Oh My God! Ian's here! Look Mom! Oh My God! It's Ian!"

Their father looked at them like they had just landed, and a guy at a table next to ours said, "What? Did the Jonas Brothers just walk in?" Lots of laughter. Ian turned Beet Red and quietly said,

"Boy. It's sure hard to eat when girls are looking at you."

I'm not ready for this!

Melania said...
this is fabulous!!!! I guess we aren't too far behind. Perhaps you should be thrilled that Ian is a well liked boy!

Jeff said...
:) "every girl's crazy for a sharp dressed man" I am sure his majesty will soon sing a different tune... Poor Calvin :)