Sunday, April 26, 2009

Knives

A couple years ago, when a couple of dear friends of mine asked me what they could get me as a gift, I mentioned that I really needed a good set of knives. They picked up some knives for me…from the dollar store. I still love them anyway.

The problem with the dollar store knives is that the blades are so flimsy, they are really quite dangerous at times to use. Provided, of course, they will cut through anything. So here I am, a couple years later, and I could still use a good set of knives.

Ian and I headed out early this afternoon to do some shopping. I was going to purchase a couple new cookie sheets, as my last ones were ruined when my oven wouldn’t turn off.

The Prime Outlet Mall in Niagara Falls has a Corningware outlet, so we decided to hit there and then go see his grandparents. Of course, they rearranged the mall so it took me 20 minutes to find the Corningware outlet, but once we found it, it was completely worth it.

They were havin’ a sale. Lucky, lucky us.

All their Pyrex and Baker’s Secret bakeware was 30% off. I picked up two insulated cookie sheets, a pizza pan and a little frying pan for under $30. And then, as we were leaving, I spotted another sign.

Selected 12, 14 and 15-piece Chicago Cutlery knife sets were on sale. Regularly priced at $159.99, they were selling them for $59.99.

Sold!

Lucky, lucky me.