Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Hamlet 2

What else do you do when you don't feel up to doing anything? Lie around and watch movies, of course!

A friend of mine recommended Hamlet 2, saying it was the funniest movie he had seen in a long time. Here is the synopsis from http://www.blockbuster.com/:

"Steve Coogan stars in the comedy Hamlet 2, which follows a drama teacher who tries to put together a production of "Hamlet 2" to rescue his high-school theater department. Catherine Keener co-stars in the Andrew Fleming-helmed production. ~ Jeremy Wheeler, All Movie Guide."

Unfortunately, it just wasn't my cup of tea. Perhaps I am too much of a Shakespeare aficionado, or perhaps nothing is really funny when I'm sick. I watched a solid 3/4 of the movie and couldn't find a reason to laugh. There is something for everyone, though, and I may check it out again when I recover.