Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Mammogram

Went for my annual mammogram today. Honestly, with medical technology being what it is, you would think there would be an easier way to accomplish this by now! Anyway...

I had a miserable experience at Windsong Radiology last time I went there, and swore I would never return. So this year, I asked my ob/gyn if I had a choice where to go. She said, "Sure! Go wherever you want!" So I called Kenmore Mercy Hospital.

They were wonderful! Friendly, kind, efficient, and as gentle as possible. It was over with quickly, hardly any wait time, and for the first time in a long time, I came away with no bruising!

After, I treated myself to a Venti Non-Fat Chai at Starbucks. (It's a spiced tea that tastes like Christmas. Great stuff!) After all, even a good mammogram is still a mammogram.

Ladies, it's important. If you're over 40, get it done. Yes, it's uncomfortable. But if it saves your life, what's a little discomfort?