Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Round Two.

Ian had no school today in honor of Veterans Day, so I brought him to work with me. He didn't want to get up this morning, but truthfully, neither did I, so I didn't think anything of it.

When we got to work, he played with his Nintendo game for about half an hour, then curled up on a blanket and went to sleep.

For two solid hours.

He woke up, ate some cereal with milk, played a little more, and then went back to sleep. At about noon, he woke up and played some, very quietly, and then at 1:30, he says, "Mommy, I think I'm gonna barf." I told him to go into the kitchen to use the garbage in there, and I followed him in.

And toss his groceries he did. Very well, I might add. I think his meals for the past three days came up.

So we left work early, and here I am at home, watching over my sleeping child. Or, should I say, the child who is sleeping beside a bucket.

What a way to spend an afternoon.

Michael said...

At least he hit the target.

There are sooooo many ways this story could have been worse! ;-)


Serena said...
Oh, yeah. He could have tossed his groceries all over my computer. The boss would have been REAL happy with me!