Tuesday, August 21, 2007

South Beach Continued

I visited my endocrinologist yesterday. I'm still in remission, and I've lost 4 pounds since my last visit three months ago. I don't know where I lost them, but I'm making a concerted effort not to find them. ;)

Coincidentally, the morning radio show I listen to had dieting tips. One was, "Set your fork down between each bite." I can see the reasoning in that. Another was, "Limit your coffee intake." Apparently caffeine slows the metabolic process. (I haven't had a cup of coffee since Saturday, and my mild headache is finally gone. Not as tough as quitting smoking, but not easy either.)

So far, so good... Today I am eating lunch with the gals in a restaurant. We'll see how South Beach fares there!

Michael said...
Be careful where you take advice. Caffeine pills are often used as a diet aid because caffeine speeds the metabolism.

Serena said...
Yes. It reminds me of the run-around about eggs. They used to be so horrible for you because they were so high in cholesterol, and now they are promoted as very healthy.

Michael said...
Putting your fork down between each bite is an impractical request, and silly looking when dining with others... but having zen mindfulness about dining is not ridiculous. Just difficult. :-)

Serena said...
I just try to make sure my fork rests on the plate between bites. I've never been a fast eater, but I've dined with people who just seem to shovel it in their mouths. I think that advice was for them!

Michael said...
Also - congratulations on your remission...

Serena said...
Thank you! Life is GOOD!