Thursday, March 11, 2010

Reading - For Fun!

I ordered my textbooks and am all set for next semester (Economics and Marketing), so I decided to do some reading for fun.

Ian wanted to go see "The Lightning Thief" when it came out, so prior to seeing the movie, we read the novel. And then I continued on and read Sea of Monsters, Titan's Curse, Battle of the Labyrinth, and Last Olympian. An excellent series! Ian is now reading Sea of Monsters, and he can't put it down.

I started on another 'kid' series...Ian begged me to read the City of Ember series, which, until he read the Lightning Thief, were "The GREATEST books EVER!" It's a series of four books, all very good books with lessons to be learned about getting along and saving the planet. I read City of Ember and People of Sparks so far. I've started on the Prophet of Yonwood, the third book, and then Diamond of Darkhold is left.

Ian also wants me to read Twilight. I've never been into vampire stories, so I'm not thrilled about it, but I will humor him anyway. I'm putting it off, though, as I also started the 'Women's Murder Club' series by James Patterson. I read First to Die, Second Chance, Third Degree, and I'm about half-way through Fourth of July.

Oh, and I've also re-read Clive Cussler's Sahara, also an excellent book. Clive Cussler is one of my favorite authors. He's right up there with Dick Francis and Mary Higgins Clark. The movie Sahara was also very good.

Next on the novel list are Echo Burning by Lee Child and Missing by Lisa Jackson. Murder and mayhem. :) Erica, one of the ladies I work with, read the entire Prey series by John Sanford, and she is going to let me borrow them. Life is good!

Of course, I'm also keeping up with the Wall Street Journal and Money Magazine to try to keep up with the wonderful world of finance.

Oh! And I ordered, and started watching, a great DVD course entitled The Joy of Mathematics. It's a great course! I've learned all kinds of neat things, like about the Fibonacci series and various patterns it makes, how to square numbers ending in 5 without a calculator, cool, cool, cool stuff.

The sun was shining today, and it was well over 50 degrees outside. It was great to sit in the sun for a little bit, soak in fresh air and rays, while reading a book. One of my favorite pastimes...

Can't you just tell I'm smiling?