Sunday, October 05, 2008

Growing Pains

Mom! I grew out of my Seattle hat!

What Seattle hat?

You know! The black one like Unko Miko's! I gotta email him! (big urgency)

Honey, he knows you're growing.

Yeah, but he's gotta get me another one! I need another one for my costume!

Well, when you email him, you better tell him what size the cap is.

It's not a cap. It's a hat. A black one. He'll know. Unko Miko knows everything.

No, honey, he won't know. He needs to know how big your head is. Where is your Seattle cap?

I can't find it! But Unko Miko will know.

No, honey, he isn't going to know how big your head is! How long has it been since he's seen you? You've grown!

But Mommy, (whimper) he'll know, he always knows!

How about we measure your head and you can tell Unko Miko how big your head is?

Okay!

At this point he makes a mad dash up the stairs. I hear rustling, a crash, and then he comes flying back down the stairs...
with a yard stick.
One of these days, not laughing is going to give me a hernia.
Sooo, Mike? Ian is going to email you and I hope he is being polite and using his manners in spite of his urgency. He was typing like crazy and hit 'send' before I could read it.
JT said...
That's my dad! :)
Serena said...
a/k/a Obiwan! Let's face it. Who else can I call when I have car trouble and get immediate help - from clear across the country? "Go get a rag, a flashlight and a screwdriver." :D My neighbor still talks about it!