Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Out? What do you mean, Out?

So my neighbor has decided that I need to get out of the house, get some grown-up time, see a movie that isn't produced by Disney, have something for dinner besides mac & cheese.

I am so completely uncomfortable with this it's not funny, which, of course, makes him dig his heels in more to get me out of the house. (Look. It took me 7 years to talk to the people across the street. It took me 1 1/2 years to talk to Joe at Marco's. In the eight years I've lived here, I've spoken with the guy in the house next door exactly twice. I'm really not that good at the talking-with-people-I-don't-know-very-well thing. To which my neighbor Joe replies, "There's medication for that, you know." Smart-alec kid.) :D

I made the mistake of saying I really don't like to go out alone (who does?), so he has taken it upon himself to get a certain somebody to take me out.

Never a dull moment.

What I'd really like is to sit on my couch wrapped in a blanket watching re-runs. I've got old Star Trek DVDs coming from Blockbuster in a couple weeks when they move up my queue. All I need is a glass of wine, and I'll be all set.