Thursday, October 02, 2008

Shoelaces

Ian’s shoes are forever coming untied. He knows how to tie his shoes, but not tight, so the laces, more often than not, come undone.

Today, we were getting ready to leave Marco’s after Aikido and Ian’s shoe is untied, so I tell him to tie it. And he can’t because the laces are full of knots.

I asked him how this could happen. Remind me not to do that again.


Robert did it.

What do you mean, Robert did it?

He tied pencils to my shoes. And little pencil boxes.

Why did he do that?

He sneaked!

Wait a minute. He is tying pencils to your shoelaces, and you didn’t notice?

No! He SNEAKED!

I’m sitting on the floor trying to get the knots out of his laces, and Joe tried to get the real story out of him. He stuck to it, though.

Robert must be pretty amazing, to be able to tie pencils and pencil boxes to Ian’s shoes and not even be noticed.

I just do Not understand boys.