Sunday, October 05, 2008

Your Diet? Forgetaboutit!

2815 Elmwood Avenue, Kenmore, New York


Every day I learn something new. Some days are MUCH better than others!

Marco’s Italian Deli has cannolis that are TO DIE FOR. Crunchy tubes of something really good filled with ricotta cheese mixed with heaven topped off with chocolate chips and confectioner's sugar - rub-'em-on-your-hips-'cause-that's-where-they're-going Good. I'd never had a cannoli before. I'm completely hooked.

(Of course, that's not the only thing on the menu. It's just the most important.)

The food is good and reasonably priced. Mama Maryann makes soups that are so good, your very soul is fed. The sangwiches are great - my favorite is the Sammy the Bull (a roast beef sub with horseradish mayo). I get the "Bite Me" size because a full size is too much for me to eat.

Take out or dine in, service is always with a smile from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Mangia!